5 Benefits of Using Green Tea in Skin Care Products
Green tea is made from the leaves of Camellia Sinensis, a plant that has been used as a natural medicine for thousands of years. Not only can it boost brain function and promote weight loss, it has excellent therapeutic benefits for the skin.
Containing polyphenols and 6 different catechins including EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) and ECG (epicatechin gallate) – these compounds are known for their antioxidant properties.
Green tea has numerous health benefits found in its antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. Green tea can protect against premature ageing, sun damage and reduce redness caused by irritations. It also kills acne causing bacteria leaving you skin feeling healthy and refreshed.
- Natural Moisturiser – packed full of vitamin E, green tea nourishes and hydrates the skin cells.
- Targets Acne - Research demonstrated that polyphenols help reduce sebum production in the skin, which causes acne. Green tea is packed full of polyphenols.
- Fights Inflammation and Reduces Redness – Polyphenols are high in anti-inflammatory properties which can help reduce irritation, redness and swelling. Studies have shown that topical green tea application can be effective for soothing psoriasis, dermatitis, and rosacea
- Tackles Premature Ageing – in a 2003 study, EGCG was found to rejuvenate dying skin cells, combatting the signs of ageing by making the skin look healthier
- Protects Against Skin Cancer – Antioxidants fight free radicals, compounds that cause cellular damage in the body and skin and can generally harm one’s health. They have been linked to many diseases including cancer. A 2010 study found that the antioxidant EGCG helps repair DNA caused by UV rays from the sun and protecting the skin against nonmelanoma skin cancer.
Green Tea is one of the 11 Key Ingredients selected for its health benefits found in every bottle of Basix Skin Defence Cream
Have you Tried Basix Yet? Click Here