Rosehip Is A Key Ingredient In Basix Skin Defence Cream
Rosehip Oil - The Skin Care Key Ingredient
Did you know Rosehip Oil comes from the seedpods of rose flowers? There are numerous published articles of the health benefits of this essential oil.
REPAIRS & REGENERATES DAMAGED SKIN
Researchers in 2015 published a study that found applying rosehip oil on post surgical scars improved their appearance. Loaded with Omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids, which, backed by science, are known to contain age-fighting properties which can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, acne and skin damage.
ANTI-OXIDANTS FIGHT FREE RADICALS
Free radicals are unstable highly reactive atoms with an unpaired electron. When an atom has an unpaired electron it becomes chemically reactive and seeks to steal an electron from a neighbouring molecule, leaving that cell unstable. This can cascade through skin cells causing havoc on living tissue. Oxygen is very susceptible to free radical formation and is one of the main causes of the ageing process. Oxygen free radicals cause lipid preoxidation, resulting in damage to cell membranes - the main cause of premature ageing, skin cancer and cell death. Rosehip has an abundance of anti-oxidant properties, which makes it an effective skin repair and anti-ageing ingredient.
8 Benefits of Rosehip Oil in Basix Skin Defence Cream
We have carefully chosen every ingredient, and Rosehip helps the skin in the following ways
- Hydrates- with a wealth of essential fatty acids including linoleic and linolenic acid, these help to keep skin cell walls strong and retain moisture.
- Moisturises- Rosehip was found to keep the skin moisturised in a 2015 study
- Naturally Exfoliates- packed full of vitamin A and C, these essential vitamins encourage skin cell turnover and regeneration, contributing to skin radiance. This means Basix is good for shedding old skin and repairing and renewing skin cells.
- Boosts collagen- Vitamin A and C are required for producing collagen - and as a building block for healthy skin cells, collagen is essential for keeping the skin firm. The same research paper showed that when applied, rosehip oil resulted in a noticeable increase in skin elasticity.
- Reduces inflammation- rich in vitamin E, the anti-oxidant known for its anti-inflammatory properties, rosehip is one of the super ingredients that can help calm irritations from eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis and rosacea.
- Protects against sun damage- UV damage is one of the main causes of premature ageing as it lowers collagen production. Vitamins A, C and E have been found to combat the visible effects of sun damage.
- Reduces hyperpigmentation- excess melanin can form dark spots or patches on the skin. This condition known as hyperpigementation can result from excessive sun exposure, hormonal changes or certain medications. Vitamin A contains retinoids are known to reduce hyperpigmentation and other visible signs of ageing.
- Reduces scars and fine lines- long known as folk remedy, a 2015 study on rosehip powder showed that after 8 weeks of treatment, rosehip significantly reduced the appearance of crows feet around the eyes.
With all these benefits, it's no wonder that Rosehip is one of the key active ingredients in Basix Skin Defence Cream. Another reason why this amazing cream is so effective.
Have you tried Basix yet? Click Here