The Benefits of Ginger Oil to Help Soothe Conditions like Eczema & Acne
Native to China, Sri Lanka and Indonesia, Ginger essential oil is another ingredient selected for its medicinal benefits in Basix Skin Defence Cream.
Used topically it helps to soothe redness, eliminates bacteria and inhibits the signs of skin damage and ageing.
Ginger root has been at the heart of folk medicine for thousands of years to treat all sorts of ailments including inflammation, fevers, colds, nausea, stomach upsets, arthritis and rheumatism, respiratory discomforts and even menstrual complaints. But it’s the topical benefits of this perennial herb that really interests us.
Ginger is often referred to as a root, but in fact it is an underground stem called rhizome, used a spice for 4,000 years, its medicinal properties were discovered around 2,000 years ago.
Ginger Oil comprises the following naturally occurring chemicals that make up its medicinal benefits:
- Camphene: used for its ant-oxidants and ant-inflammatory properties
- B-Phellandrene: used for its anti-septic, antiviral, bactericidal, and decongestant properties
- α-Pinene: used for its anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and expectorant properties
- Geranial: used for its insecticidal and anti-oxidant effects
- Zingiberene: used for its anti-viral, anti-oxidant, and antiseptic properties
- β-Bisabolene: used for its anti-inflammatory and anti-allergy properties
- β-Sesquiphellandrene: used for its anti-viral, carminative, and stomachic properties
- Curcumene: used for its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
Used topically or cosmetically, Ginger Essential Oil helps to soothe redness and eliminates bacteria – Eczema, Psoriasis and Dermatitis sufferers have a large amount of the bacteria Staphlococcus Aureus which flourish in the dry itchy rashes caused by these conditions. The open sores caused by scratching allow viruses, bacteria and fungi to enter the skin resulting in infection. The properties of Ginger Oil help target the cause of the infection and provide soothing relief.
Acne is another condition caused by bacterial infection that Ginger Oil targets. The antioxidants create a protective layer on the skin, soothing redness and eliminating bacteria.
Ginger is another powerful ingredient in Basix Skin Defence Cream. Try it and see if works for you.
HAVE YOU TRIED BASIX SKIN CREAM YET...? Click Here